This Walnut Creek homeowner had plugged in multiple power cords into a garage power strip.

Every year, thousands of fires result from surge protectors, power strips and electrical cords being over-loaded.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that about 3,300 residential fires originate in extension cords/power strips each year, killing 50 people and injuring about 270 others. What’s the big deal?

The most frequent causes of such fires are short circuits, overloading, damage, and/or misuse of extension cords. Surge protectors, power strips, or extension cords are not a substitute for permanent wiring per electrical installation requirements.

If there isn’t enough electrical wall outlets for what will be plugged in – Call a licensed electrician.

Schedule an inspection – mention “I’d like a peace of mind inspection” – Save $25