Note the location of the electrical wall outlet above the kitchen cooktop, a common 1950-60s installation for electric skillets or crock pots.

If a kitchen electric appliance is plugged in – there’s a good chance the power cord can drape across or contact a hot cooking element – melt the cord insulation – causing an electrical short.

An additional risk is that the electrical circuit breaker may not turn off resulting in an electrical overload and fire.

Schedule an inspection – mention “I’d like a peace of mind inspection” – Save $25